September 29, 2008

The Joy of being a Missionary and transferred to Banfield 4 Area!

Hola Familia Oh como Les amo!!!Well my birthday was great actually. First off I started my week with a zone activity (last Monday) we had waffles and watched the Lion King! YES!!! And I have to hand it to the Elders – they went fullout on the waffles and made a huge waffle birthday plate for me! Also during our activity the Elders brought me two great amazing birthday joyed packages from the offices!!! It was AMAZING!! Thanks sooo much. Seriously packages are just little loves filled treasures. I felt very loved and full of sugered waffles. Haha. Well, then we worked during the week and had some great success. I love San Vicente. I know things will jsut get better and better in San Vicente. The members need a lot of help but we have an amazing brach President now and his wife is so great. I have so much respect for this women. Shs is such a strong women.

Well, our branch and another ward had a service activity this Saturday = my brithday. No one from the Branch came but Hermana Olsen and I had a great time. We pulled out weeds and made a veggie garden for this little neighborhood. It was a great morning. And the sun is coming out more and so we even got some sun. (Hermana Olsen took pics so I will have to send ya´ll some later). After that we had lunch with a family. Argentines are insane about birthdays so they knew that it was mine. They kept making jokes that they were going to break eggs over my head to celebrate. Oh the Domingez family. They actually bought me a cake and everything. I have pictures but this computer is not working. Sorry about the unreliablity. Saturday was actually the last Saturday in the transfer, with that comes phone calls from our leaders telling us if we stay, leave or what not. Hermana Olsen and I were sure that we were going to stay together. But then we got our little phone call telling us that I was leaving!! AGH! So I am no longer in San Vicente nor with Hermana Olsen. !Que Raro! I am now in Banfield 4 area. It is more city life. And it is a lot closer to the mission home and the church building where will be having ¨Noche de Luz¨practices. Oh Noche de Luz is this christmas program that the mission puts on. I had to audition and everything! But I am singing again! Yay! We will be singing all chirstmas songs and then performing them and i am sooooo excited to be a part of it. YES!!!!! Also my new companion is amazing and i am in love with her. Hermana Zollinger – she is actually from Colorado. How cool is that???? Two little coloradains rocking the argentine world! I am soooo sad to leave San Vicente. There were just a lot of good feelings there. It is hard to leave an area and to not know what kind of difference that you have made. But from when I came to san vicente to now I can already see huge changes. There is great potential. But it wasn´t me, It was the Lord. When we are working- He works right along side with us.

Oh today during transfer meeting I got a package from Grandma and Grandpa Clonts!! Oh my goodness it is some really really really great brownie mix from this delicious bakery mix place in Utah . . . via DearElder. (love DearElder). I am sooooooo excited to make it and love every bite. Dont worry i will share!!! I could never eat all of it. But yes I love those cookies/brownie/bar mixes. Delicious. I will have to walk it all off . . .Well I love you all so much. I love being a missionary. This really is the work of the Lord.

Hermana Urban

Hey what is going on with the states?? I am lost.

No comments: