February 2, 2009

Transfers


Hola from the Deep South!

Well my friends and family, it happened. I am leaving Banfield 4. It was a long hot 4 months, which really did go by fast and was completely rewarding. We got the call that I was leaving Saturday night, early that day I called President to let him know that I would be willing to be in Banfield 4 the rest of my mission. The people are just amazing. I cannot describe the love that generates from those people. I have completely fallen in love with them. I am so proud of all of our recent converts. Lily has beyond amazed me. Delfina has such a strong testimony that she is constantly sharing with people around her. Ivan knows the Book of Mormon inside and out. Hevana is a shining example to all of her friends. Yolie finally feels as though she has guidance in her life, Siliva as well. Gloria and Diego will be getting married and baptized in this next transfer. Banfield 4 is just going to explode with success. Yes there were HOURS of walking in the dead heat, and there are many more hours ahead of me, but the people make it all worth it. I am sad to leave Banfield 4. Even though the pension is complete asco!

I am off to this place called Monte. It was just recently opened. Our chapel is in an old Disco turned church. My companion is Hermana Ingoldsby from Canada [insert screams of excitement]. I am excited but nervous. It is farming country again (flashback to San Vicente) So it will probably be a bit more tranquilo, than the ghetto.

So yup that is the update.

There are a lot of Missionaries going home today. A lot of my little friends. So blah. I hate saying goodbye. Its just sad news. But I was thinking about it. The elders that are leaving started their missions (2 years ago, dur) before I even started to really think about going on a mission. So I am happy for them, and proud of them for having served a mission. Because pretty much it’s the greatest thing ever.

It´s a small thing that I can do to show my love and devotion to the One that did everything for me.

Moments of being in our own Gethsemane are only opportunities that we have to know what Christ had to go through.

Welp, love you all soooooo much!! I cannot believe how long it´s been since I´ve seen ya´ll. Know that I love yous and I wish I could hug yous!

Vaya con paz y amor y mas que nada Dios,
Hermanita Urban

1 comment:

rvasay said...

Hello this is Hermana Asay Hna. Urban's mission president's wife.
We love her and she is an excellant missionary. I just thought I would add that the area she is going to is actually a tourist type place. There is a Lagoon in the town and the members are so happy to have the missionaries there. they have been having lots of success. I have to say Hna. Urban and Hna Ingoldsby make a very striking pair. both are very pretty and they are going to be dynamite there! Just thought I would add that side note! Hna Asay PS: I will miss having her close!