November 17, 2008

this little ditty

*i took the liberty of editing these pics a bit, for fun. :) enjoy. love, bethany

me [elissa] and hna zollinger on a bus:


this lady we sing to and read to:


Lily and rocio´s 2 dogs out of the 3. I love them.


A ver . . . ¿que pasó este semana? . . .

Things are going really well. We worked a ton this past week and by last night we were just dead. And the thing with the mission is that there is no rest time. it does not exist. You just have to keep going.

Lily was confirmed yesterday. She was so happy. We taught her daughter, Rocio, who reminds me soooooo much of Janelle so of course I just love her to pieces. She will get baptized soon too. We just have to set the date and then work like crazy.

Right now we are working with about 5 people who already have baptismal dates and so we are running around like crazy helping them come unto Christ. Baptism is the front door, but there is so many layers to the gospel that we have to continue in the gospel so we can keep learning and discovering.

I have been thinking a lot about knowledge. Kendra sent me this AMAZING quote of how people spend their lives studing a certain topic, such as: the arts, sciences, history, politics. But the works and mysteries of God completely surpass all of those. A depth study of scripture and the things of the Lord, one would really know that He does exsist. The more I learn, the more I realize how much I do not know. So much passes my understanding. But that is where faith comes into play.

I am so grateful for faith. It can actually be a power.

anyway . . .

It is getting hot.

What is everyone up to?

It is crazy how Christmas is coming up. It feels like I should be going to Elitches, the pool, road trips . . . Because summer is coming.

Well sorry this email isn´t all that great.

I love you all so much. Don´t forget that I am here and that I miss all of you soooooooooo much. Knowing that I have people that love and support me is huge on the mission.

Tell my friends (except the good ones that write) that they are lame buckets and need to write me. (but i still love them)

con amor,
Hermanita Urban

No comments: