October 16, 2008

A Special Couple Came To Town! The House of the Lord...the most special place on Earth!






Buenos Aires Temple...They just announced the 2nd Temple to be built in Argentina!

Note from Dad...and then Elissa's letter. This is Jim here...seeing pictures like this is a real treat. Looking at these pictures is no different than if you were going to the Temple in the States. This sacred building yes is just a building...but is dedicated to the Lord as his house. Special ordinances are performed here for the living and those who died who didn't get the opportunity to hear or accept God's saving ordinances. If you have not heard of this before you must ask me more about it. It follows history of God's chosen people throughout history who were commanded to build Temples. Remember Solomon's Temple? Sure you do. There were actually others who were also commanded to build Temples even hundred even thousands of years ago. Today is no different. I love our church because it is following this charge and we are a Temple building people. Heavenly Father smiles when we build another Temple... here is Elissa's letter...


¡Hola todos!

This week has been crazy. Today we took our p-day because we went to the temple today! The transport was long. But it was very nice. And I made the Hermanas in my zone wear their "Judy dresses". Because we all have them and I still haven´t found the courage to go full sister missionary look yet so I found friends to do it with me! haha.

Um Last Night was amazing.We had a special little visit from someone known as Elder Russell M Nelson and his wife Wendy (General Authority from the church). It was really cool. I sat front center. I shook his hand and hugged Wendy. Love her. The whole mission gathered together and we all sat and talked doctrine with an apostle. He ended by giving us a blessing, and apostolic blessing, as if he was touching each of our heads. It was so amazing.

Being a missionary is a huge blessing. It was the best decision of my life thus far. I learn so much from things that I see and experience everyday.

There is an amazing family that are new to the church Delfina (mom), Ivan (son, 21) and Hevvana (daughter 15). They are an amazing family - if I could I would be with them 24/7. Their lives have completely changed from the gospel and they are so willing to share it with everyone. Ivan through a party the other day just so we could come by and talk with people. so we are going to start teaching them. it was actually a funny and awkward experience this so called party. But I loved it.

Our mission is huge! There are about 209 of us. We are having a lot of success. We are the most improving and most baptizing mission of all Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. They are sending lots of missionaries here because it is doing so well. I know that it is because of obedience.
Without this factor there is no way that this work could progress.

Well, anyway, out of this precious time, I must go. Elder Nelson mentioned that my loved ones will blessed while I am away. So just so you know.

LOVES
Hermana Urban

No comments: