August 11, 2008

6-months! plus, package ideas: stickers, cereal, & pics

Family,

Hola ¿como estan mis amores? I hope all is well. Well this week actually went by pretty fast. We had interviews with the president on Thursday. I am so grateful for President and Hermana Asay. I can honestly say that I was called to serve in Argentina but a part of that call was for me to be under the direction of such an inspired man.

Well, this week is actually the last week of this transfer. It is going to be pretty busy because my comp is going home. So we have a lot of random things to do so she is ready. But I really can´t wait for this next transfer. I really want to leave San Vicente better then I found it. I am ready to work really hard. I think President has something up his sleeves b/c he is actually calling in a lot of girls that live here to serve mini missions. Who knows I might get a “mini.”

So Art and Cindy – I got your Package!!!!! Oh my goodness what the most pleasant surprise!! Thank you sooo much!! I know how insane the mail can be so I am so grateful. As well as the people here! I already have some really cute pics of some kids with stickers. Stickers are crazy popular here. You give kids stickers and the parents as well get all excited. I remember one time I gave this kid a sticker and the mom was so excited that she took it from him and put it on their refrigerator. Hahaha. There is this recent convert family and we are helping building their house. After a morning of helping them out with their house I gave the Dad some new ties (from the package!) He was sooooo excited. I also have a pic of this. And then later that day he accompanied us to some appointments and he was wearing one of his new ties. It was soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! En serio. But thank you so much really for the package. I love cereal from the other side of the globe. Delicious.

SO I keep saying that I have pictures of certain things – which I do – but I don’t at the same time. So when we were helping them build their house the little kids got into my bag and found my camera. Yup. Well, at first I thought that they just accidentally deleted all of my precious mission pics. But just now when I was looking at my camera I noticed that my card is gone!!! AGHH!!! I think it must have fallen out! I remember they opened up the camera to try and change the batteries or something. The card probably fell into the cement and is now a part of their house. Haha! So this week I will ask it they found it. But I do not have high hopes mostly because a huge family with lots of kids that put whatever they want in their mouth. hahaha

Anyway, the greatest hour of my day (in a total selfish opinion) is my personal study. I love reading the scriptures. I am completely amazed at the prophets and what they suffered through. Right now I am in the middle of Alma in the Book of Mormon. I should finish the Book of Mormon pretty soon and then move on the Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage, as well as The New Testament in the Bible. I am just so grateful for this time in my life to gain doctrinal knowledge; to completely have my studies on the gospel. Every day it increases my testimony and faith. I have no doubt that the schedule of a missionary is inspired. The first thing we do after getting ready for the day is read the scriptures and have an added measure of faith for the day.

The song that you sang in Sacrament meeting sounded like it went really well. We will have to do a special number when I return!! I am so glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to enjoy it.
OH man it just started to POUR!!! Good thing I am wearing my boots!

Kendra – YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEEK!!!!!!! I love you sooo much. What are you going to do for it?? I loved the story of Ken and Amy´s boys at the swimming pool. Basically your letters are great. Also I got the cd´s and pictures last Tuesday. Yippeee!!!! Seriously soooo fun. I think pics in packages can be a stable item! Because I love them soo much!

Hey guess what!? I hit my 6th month mark this week. Check me out! That is a 3rd way.

Well, pretty much I am in love with the Gospel. I love the prophet and the scriptures. I am so grateful for faithful members in the church.

Loves and Hugs
Hermanita Urban

No comments: